Looking for something different for your next cruise? Now may be the time to test the waters while saving money. Take advantage of fall cruise deals and try a U.S. river sailing, an expedition voyage or a Jimmy Buffett-style cruise.
From chilling out Margaritaville-style to exploring the Galapagos, here are a few special offers to save you money on your next sailing.
For more cruise news, reviews and tips, sign up for TPG’s cruise newsletter.
Deal: 4 free nights and a $600 onboard credit on select 2023 and 2024 sailings
This Labor Day Azamara Cruises offer is ideal for those seeking an offseason escape and includes sailings through Western Australia, South America, Asia, Western Africa and other exciting destinations.
Book through Sept. 6 to take advantage of this deal. Offer is good on select sailings between Nov. 9, 2023, and March 22, 2024.
Several itineraries are available, including the following:
- Nine-night Atlantic Quest Voyage: Portugal’s captivating cities of Lisbon and Madeira and the natural and historic gems in Bridgetown, Barbados, are highlights.
- 15-Night Chilean Fjords Voyage: Port calls include Montevideo, Uruguay; Port Stanley, Falkland Islands; and Punta Arenas, Chile, and an overnight stay in Ushuaia, Argentina.
- 18-night Western Africa Voyage: Soak in Africa’s diverse wildlife and golden sand dunes in Walvis Bay, Namibia, and visit the colorful fishing village of Luderitz, Namibia.
Fares start at $793 per person for a nine-night round-trip cruise from Portugal in a Club Interior cabin. For details, visit azamara.com.
Margaritaville at Sea
Deal: Heroes Sail Free and cruises for 2 from $49 for military families
To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Margaritaville at Seas’ Heroes Sail Free program, the line is offering active and veteran military members free sailings, with guest fares starting at $49 for a limited time.
The three-day, two-night cruise departs from Florida’s Port of Palm Beach and sails to Grand Bahama Island. The deal is good for sailings through Nov. 15. Taxes, fees, port charges and gratuities are not included in the price.
The $49 fare is per person for an interior windowless cabin. For details, visit margaritavilleatsea.com.
Deal: Save up to $1,000 per suite on select river and ocean cruises
Take advantage of substantial savings on a cruise with Scenic Luxury Cruises or Emerald Cruises — both part of Scenic Group.
On Scenic, you can save $1,500 per suite on select 2024 Europe river cruises. Choose from itineraries along storied rivers such as the Rhine, Danube, Rhone and Bordeaux (and others). Guests can also save up to $4,000 per suite on varied 2023 and 2024 ocean sailings aboard Scenic Eclipse and Scenic Eclipse II. Destinations include Antarctica, Australia, the Caribbean, the Arctic, Europe and South America.
Fares start at $4,520 per person for an eight-night river cruise from Nuremberg, Germany, to Budapest, Hungary. Ocean cruise fares start from $8,935 for the 13-day Crossing the Transatlantic: Lisbon to New England itinerary. All prices are per person and based on double occupancy.
On Emerald Cruises, you can save up to $1,000 per suite on 2024 European river cruise sailings along the Danube, Rhine and others. Take to the ocean with a cruise on the intimate 100-guest luxury yachts Emerald Azzurra or the newly launched Emerald Sakara. Choose from 2023 or 2024 sailings to the Caribbean and Central America.
Book through Sept. 8 to qualify for these offers. The deals are also combinable with other current offers available through Scenic Luxury Cruises and Emerald Cruises. The offers also only apply to cruise prices and don’t include land extensions, airfare or other add-ons.
Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic
Deal: 25% off all remaining 2023 departures
Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic specializes in providing travelers with bucket-list-worthy cruises around the globe.
This deal applies to a slew of itineraries — Patagonia, Peru, Antarctica, the Galapagos and other destinations. Book through Sept. 15 and receive 25% off any Category 1 cabin (while space is still available).
Cruise dates and itineraries vary. Here are a few to consider:
- Upper Amazon Aboard the Delfin II: Cruise along the mighty Amazon in the heart of Peru’s rainforest aboard the elegant riverboat Delfin II. Wind through jungle waterways by skiff or kayak in search of diverse wildlife.
- Colors of Indonesia: Corals, Komodos, and Vibrant Cultures: Depart from Bali to discover Indonesia’s rich tapestry of cultures and lush tropical islands.
- Patagonia: Chilean Fjords and Argentina’s Staten Island: Explore fjords, glaciers and panoramic vistas along Chile’s deeply indented coastline.
Fares start at $4,170 per person for the eight-night Exploring British Columbia and the San Juan Islands sailing. For more details, including a list of itineraries, visit expeditions.com.
American Queen Voyages
Deal: Holiday Sailabration — up to $3,000 in savings, a $600 air credit and a $200 Your Choice onboard credit per cabin
Celebrate the holidays on one of North America’s rivers and save big with this deal from American Queen Voyages. This deal is good on bookings through Oct. 31 for select voyages in 2023.
Choose from a variety of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings, including the following:
- Spokane to Portland (Thanksgiving): Travel along the rivers of the Pacific Northwest. Stops include Washington’s Nez Perce National Historical Park and Columbia Gorge Discovery Center and Museum in Oregon.
- New Orleans to Memphis: Visits to LeJeune House, the oldest home in New Roads, Louisiana, and historic Natchez, Mississippi, are highlights.
- Round-trip New Orleans: The itinerary features an exclusive tour of Nottoway Resort, the South’s largest remaining antebellum mansion, Civil War sites in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and other stops.
Thanksgiving sailings feature special meals and events, and Christmas sailings include stops at holiday markets created especially for the line.
American Queen Voyages’ all-inclusive fares include a one-night pre-cruise hotel stay, ground transfers between the hotel and vessel, unlimited guided tours and experiences, unlimited beverages, dining and other perks.
All-inclusive fares start at $2,649 per person for a nine-night sailing from Spokane, Washington, to Portland, Oregon, in a Deluxe Veranda Stateroom with Private Veranda. Fares include taxes, port fees and gratuities. For details, visit aqvoyages.com.
Have cruise questions? TPG has answers:
- Banned items: What not to pack for a cruise
- Man overboard: Why do people fall off cruise ships?
- What is baked Alaska, and why is it paraded around cruise ships?
- What are the largest cruise ships in the world?
- What is a gentleman host on a cruise?
- What is the Jones Act, and how does it affect cruise ships?
- What is a lido deck on a cruise ship?
- What’s a cruise cabin guarantee, and will it save you money?
- What’s the difference between a cruise concierge and a butler?