Editor’s note: TPG founder Brian Kelly is a Bilt adviser and investor. This is a recurring post, regularly updated with new information and offers.
Good news for Bilt Rewards members: Another Bilt Rent Day is coming Oct. 1. This Rent Day, you can play trivia to earn Bilt points, enjoy extra points on non-rent purchases, enjoy a Rent Day SoulCycle ride and enter to win free rent by participating in a Rent Day SoulCycle ride or playing the Rent Free game show.
Bilt is also launching a new way to redeem points: Bilt Experiences. The first Bilt Experiences will occur this Rent Day at National Football League games. If you like professional football and can make it to one of the featured games Oct. 1, you may want to act quickly Wednesday to snag tickets for one of the inaugural Bilt Experiences.
The Bilt Rewards program is free to join, and you don’t need to have the Bilt Mastercard® (see rates and fees) to participate in most Rent Day offers. Here’s what you need to know about the Oct. 1 Rent Day.
Redeem for a Bilt Experience
Bilt Rewards is launching a new way to redeem Bilt points: Bilt Experiences. Bilt says these experiences will be “curated in-person events for Bilt members” that may include “exclusive dining reservations, concert tickets, happy hours in the coolest hotels” and more. The inaugural experiences will occur Oct. 1 at the following professional football games:
- New York Jets versus Kansas City Chiefs at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Los Angeles Chargers versus Las Vegas Raiders at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, California
- Houston Texans versus Pittsburgh Steelers at NRG Stadium in Houston
If you’d like to go to one of these games and can make the logistics work out to be there Oct. 1, you’ll want to act quickly Wednesday. There are two types of experiences on offer for Bilt members at these games:
- All-inclusive suite experience: 10,000 points per suite ticket (up to two tickets per Bilt member) that includes food, drinks, a game ticket and Bilt swag
- Upper-level reserved seats: 2,500 points per ticket (up to two tickets per Bilt member)
Bilt members can head to the Rent Day tab in the Bilt Rewards app Wednesday to redeem points for these experiences. All Bilt members can redeem 2,500 points per upper-level reserved ticket on a first-come, first-served basis starting at noon EDT on Wednesday.
However, members with Bilt Rewards status will have an advantage for the all-inclusive suite experiences. Booking priority for the suite experience tickets will go as follows Wednesday:
- Platinum members get access starting at noon EDT
- Gold members get access starting at 1 p.m. EDT (if space is still available)
- Silver members get access starting at 2 p.m. EDT (if space is still available)
- Blue members get access starting at 3 p.m. EDT (if space is still available)
None of the Bilt Experiences tickets for these games are transferable, so consider whether you’ll be able to attend before the booking window opens.
Earn Bilt points through trivia
If you’re good at trivia, you can boost your Bilt Rewards balance for free on Rent Day.
Bilt gives its members five trivia questions through its app each Rent Day. The questions increase incrementally in difficulty and value. In particular, the first question is worth 10 points, the second question is worth 20 points, the third question is worth 30 points, the fourth question is worth 40 points and the fifth question is worth 50 points.
If you get all five questions correct, Bilt will unlock a sixth question worth an extra 100 points. You could earn 250 Bilt points through trivia each Rent Day if you correctly answer all six questions.
Extra Bilt points on non-rent purchases
As on previous Bilt Rent Days, you’ll earn double points when you use your Bilt Mastercard to make non-rent purchases between midnight EDT and 11:59 p.m. PDT on Oct. 1. You’ll earn as follows for purchases each Rent Day:
- Dining: 6 points per dollar spent
- Travel: 4 points per dollar spent
- Other purchases (excluding rent): 2 points per dollar spent
- Rent: 1 point per dollar spent
You’ll also earn 5 points per dollar spent when you use your Bilt Mastercard to buy eligible sports tickets from ticket agencies or directly from the sports team between midnight EDT and 11:59 p.m. PDT on Oct. 1.
You can earn up to 10,000 bonus points for purchases with your Bilt Mastercard each Rent Day. However, you must use your Bilt Mastercard at least five times each statement period to earn points. Plus, if you dine at a Bilt Dining restaurant on Rent Day and use your Bilt Mastercard to pay, you can earn up to 11 points per dollar spent.
Rent Free game
For the Aug. 1 Rent Day, Bilt launched a new way to win free rent for a month (up to $2,500): the “Family Feud”-style “Rent Free” game show. The new game show wasn’t a one-off promotion, so now a new creator or personality will play the Rent Free game each month.
The success of the celebrity guest will determine how many Bilt members win free rent that month. The guest for October Rent Day is actor, comedian and sports fanatic Michael Rapaport.
For a chance to win a month of free rent paid by Bilt, head to the Bilt app on Rent Day and play the Rent Free game. If you correctly guess three of the most popular answers, you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win.
Rent Day SoulCycle rides
As it’s done in previous months, Bilt will offer its monthly Rent Day SoulCycle rides Oct. 1. These rides are 45 minutes long and offer a full-body indoor cycling workout.
Bilt members can enjoy 10 complimentary bikes at 56 Rent Day Ride classes nationwide on a first-come, first-served basis when they reserve their ride through the Bilt app. If you miss out on a complimentary bike, you can still book a bike on the fitness tab using points or regular payment.
Bilt is also offering one rider who participates in an October Rent Day Ride class up to $2,500 to cover their monthly rent.
History of Rent Day promotions
Bilt offers at least one special promotion each Rent Day in addition to its standard Rent Day offerings. This Rent Day, Bilt is launching Bilt Experiences at three professional football games Oct. 1 and offering 5 points per dollar spent on eligible sports tickets Oct. 1 (up to 10,000 bonus points). But here’s a summary of the promotions we’ve seen on previous Rent Days:
- September 2023: Bilt expanded its Rent Day Rides to every SoulCycle studio across the U.S., with 10 complimentary bikes per class. For the Sept. 1 Rent Day, Bilt also paid a month of rent (up to $2,500) for one rider in each Rent Day Ride class.
- August 2023: There was a 75% to 150% transfer bonus to Virgin Red based on your Bilt status tier Aug. 1.
- July 2023: You could activate a $10 Lyft ride credit if you were a Bilt member without a Bilt Mastercard or a $20 Lyft ride credit if you had a Bilt Mastercard by the end of July 1. Plus, you could get an additional $5 credit if you activated the offer, had Bilt set as your active Lyft loyalty partner and took a Lyft ride July 1.
- June 2023: Everyone won a gift of Bilt points, points to use toward the Bilt Collection, Lyft ride credit, free rent or round-trip award flights when they solved the June 1 Rent Day Challenge puzzle.
- May 2023: There was a 100% transfer bonus to Air France-KLM Flying Blue on May 1.
- April 2023: Bilt members could enroll between March 28 and April 1 to obtain World of Hyatt Explorist status for 90 days and then keep Explorist status through February 2025 by staying 10 qualifying nights between April 17 and July 16. Alternatively, members could unlock Globalist status through February 2025 by staying 20 qualifying nights between April 17 and July 16. Bilt also hosted members-only social events at three Hyatt properties April 1.
- March 2023: You could get a 50% bonus when you redeemed points toward Amazon purchases March 1; 50% off all items in the Bilt Collection on March 1.
- February 2023: You could get a 100% transfer bonus to HawaiianMiles on Feb. 1; Bilt launched its exclusive five-piece capsule collection with SoulCycle.
- January 2023: Bilt introduced trivia to Rent Day: Bilt offered its members 10 trivia questions worth 50 points each and an additional question worth 100 points if you got all 10 questions correct Jan. 1.
- December 2022: You could get a 100% transfer bonus to IHG One Rewards on Dec. 1 and double points on non-rent spending from 12:01 a.m. PST on Nov. 25 to 11:59 p.m. PST on Dec. 1.
- November 2022: Bilt members could enroll in a complimentary United Airlines Premier status challenge between Oct. 27 and Nov. 1. Bilt Blue tier members could get Premier Silver, while Bilt Silver, Gold and Platinum tier members could get Premier Gold. Premier status was valid for 120 days, but you could extend your status through Jan. 31, 2024, by getting 1,000 Premier qualifying points and 4 Premier qualifying flights for Premier Silver and 2,000 PQPs and 6 PQFs for Premier Gold.
- October 2022: Bilt launched Rent Day with double points on non-rent spending and themed SoulCycle Rent Day rides Oct. 1.
If you’re a Bilt Rewards member, head to the Bilt app on the first day of each month to benefit from new Rent Day promotions. Whether you earn extra rewards through trivia, spending or both, Bilt Rewards’ Rent Day allows you to boost your points balance.
This month also offers some exciting opportunities for sports fans. October’s Rent Day is a good time to buy sports tickets with your favorite team and earn bonus points. Plus, those who live in one of three cities hosting inaugural Bilt Experiences this Oct. 1 — or are willing to make last-minute travel plans to one of these cities — may want to try snagging tickets when they become available Wednesday.