West Coast residents can enjoy cheap flights to warm-weather destinations this fall and winter thanks to this three-day Alaska Airlines sale.
Routes: From Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle to Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica, the Bahamas and Guatemala
How to book: Directly through Alaska’s website
Travel dates: Sept. 6, 2023, to Feb. 14, 2024
Book by: Aug. 24 at 11:59 p.m. PDT
Let’s say you want to travel from LA to Cancun this winter. You can consult the fare calendar on Alaska’s website to select the cheapest possible flight. In January, a one-way ticket can be as low as $115.
A one-way flight from Cancun to LA is as low as $128 in January.
In total, the two one-way flights come to about $243.
These tickets are for the carrier’s most basic Saver fare, which has some restrictions. Saver travelers don’t receive seat assignments until boarding, they can’t make any changes to a reservation and are the last to board. They get one free carry-on bag, just as Main travelers do.
For $40 extra, you can choose a seat in the Main cabin to enjoy more perks.
Maximize your purchase
Use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare
Book within the next few days to secure a cheap flight on Alaska Airlines to one of many warm-weather destinations across Mexico, the Caribbean and Central America. Note these cheap tickets apply to the airline’s Saver fare, which comes with some restrictions.
- Your complete guide to earning and redeeming with Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
- 6 things to know about the Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan program
- What is Alaska Airlines elite status worth in 2023?
- Best all-inclusive resorts in the world, according to frequent travelers
- A luxurious oasis with impeccable service and style: My stay at the new Waldorf Astoria Cancun