Editor’s note: TPG founder Brian Kelly is a Bilt adviser and investor.
Good news for Bilt Rewards members: Nov. 1 is another Bilt Rent Day. This Rent Day, you can play trivia to earn Bilt points, get extra points on non-rent purchases, utilize a status-based transfer bonus to Emirates Skywards, enjoy special Bilt Experiences at select restaurants, go on a Rent Day SoulCycle ride and enter to win free rent by playing the Rent Free game.
The Bilt Rewards program is free to join, and you don’t need to have the Bilt Mastercard® (see rates and fees) to participate in most Rent Day offers. Here’s what you need to know about the Nov. 1 Rent Day.
Status-based transfer bonus to Emirates
When you transfer Bilt points to Emirates Skywards on Nov. 1, you’ll enjoy a transfer bonus based on your Bilt Rewards status. Specifically, here’s what each tier of Bilt Rewards status will get:
- Blue: 75% bonus (1,000 Bilt points would become 1,750 Skywards miles)
- Silver: 100% bonus (1,000 Bilt points would become 2,000 Skywards miles)
- Gold: 125% bonus (1,000 Bilt points would become 2,250 Skywards miles)
- Platinum: 150% bonus (1,000 Bilt points would become 2,500 Skywards miles)
You can transfer Bilt points to Emirates in increments of 1,000, although Blue status members must transfer at least 2,000 points. You’ll only enjoy the transfer bonus for a single transfer between midnight ET and 11:59 p.m. PT on Nov. 1.
Even as a Blue status member, I could use this transfer bonus to redeem as few as 38,750 Emirates miles (which I could get by transferring 23,000 Bilt points on Nov. 1) to fly from New York to Milan in economy. I’d also need to pay $53 in taxes and fees for this one-way flight.
I could also use this transfer bonus to redeem as few as 87,000 Emirates miles (which I could earn by transferring 50,000 Bilt points on Nov. 1) to fly from New York to Milan in business class. I’d need to pay $105 in taxes and fees for this one-way flight.
Bilt Experiences at select restaurants
For the November Rent Day, Bilt members can enjoy unique dining experiences at select Bilt Dining restaurants. These dining experiences will take place at 7 p.m. local time on Nov. 1. But starting at noon ET on Oct. 27, Bilt members can book up to two seats at these dining experiences for 12,500 Bilt points or $150 per person. If you want to pay cash for this experience, use a Visa, Mastercard or American Express card from your Bilt Wallet.
Here’s a look at the locations being offered in four major cities for the special Nov. 1 Bilt Experiences:
- New York City: Shinji’s Bar, The Bazaar, Misi and Meduza Mediterrania
- Miami: Carbone and MILA
- Dallas: Carbone and Alice
- Boston: Contessa and 1928 Beacon Hill
I expect some of the experiences will sell out quickly. So, be in the Bilt app when these experiences open for booking on Oct. 27 at noon ET if you’re interested in snagging one. You must be 21 or older to attend any of these experiences.
Earn Bilt points through trivia
If you’re good at trivia, you can boost your Bilt Rewards balance for free on Rent Day.
Bilt gives its members five trivia questions through its app each Rent Day. The questions increase incrementally in difficulty and value. The first question is worth 10 points, the second question is worth 20 points, the third question is worth 30 points, the fourth question is worth 40 points and the fifth question is worth 50 points.
If you get all five questions correct, Bilt will unlock a sixth question worth an extra 100 points. You could earn 250 Bilt points through trivia each Rent Day if you correctly answer all six questions.
Extra Bilt points on non-rent purchases
As on previous Bilt Rent Days, you’ll earn double points when you use your Bilt Mastercard (see rates and fees) to make non-rent purchases between midnight ET and 11:59 p.m. PT on Nov. 1. You’ll earn as follows for purchases each Rent Day:
- Dining: 6 points per dollar spent
- Travel: 4 points per dollar spent
- Other purchases (excluding rent): 2 points per dollar spent
- Rent: 1 point per dollar spent
You can earn up to 10,000 bonus points for purchases with your Bilt Mastercard each Rent Day. However, you must use your Bilt Mastercard at least five times each statement period to earn points. Plus, if you dine at a Bilt Dining restaurant on Rent Day and use your Bilt Mastercard to pay, you can earn up to 11 points per dollar spent.
Rent Free game
For the Aug. 1 Rent Day, Bilt launched a new way to win free rent for a month (up to $2,500): the “Family Feud”-style Rent Free game show. The new game show wasn’t a one-off promotion, so a new creator or personality will play the Rent Free game each month.
The success of the celebrity guest will determine how many Bilt members win free rent that month. The guest for November Rent Day is Canadian businessman, investor and television personality Kevin O’Leary.
For a chance to win a month of free rent paid by Bilt, head to the Bilt app on Rent Day and play the Rent Free game. If you correctly guess three of the most popular answers, you’ll automatically be entered for a chance to win.
Rent Day SoulCycle rides
As it’s done in previous months, Bilt will offer its monthly Rent Day SoulCycle rides on Nov. 1. These rides are 45 minutes long and offer a full-body indoor cycling workout.
Bilt members can enjoy 10 complimentary bikes at each Rent Day Ride class on a first-come, first-served basis when they reserve their ride through the Bilt app. Booking opens Oct. 27 at noon ET, so act quickly if you want to reserve a complimentary bike. Even if you miss out on a complimentary bike, you can still usually book a bike for a Rent Day Ride class on the fitness tab using points or regular payment.
Bilt is also offering up to $2,500 to one rider who participates in a November Rent Day Ride class to cover their monthly rent.
History of Rent Day promotions
Bilt offers at least one special promotion each Rent Day in addition to its standard Rent Day offerings. For the Nov. 1 Rent Day, Bilt is offering some special Bilt Experiences at select restaurants and a status-based transfer bonus to Emirates Skywards.
Here’s a summary of the promotions we’ve seen on previous Rent Days:
- October 2023: Bilt launched Bilt Experiences at three professional football games and offered 5 points per dollar spent on eligible sports tickets (up to 10,000 bonus points).
- September 2023: Bilt expanded its Rent Day Rides to every SoulCycle studio across the U.S., with 10 complimentary bikes per class. For the Sept. 1 Rent Day, Bilt also paid a month of rent (up to $2,500) for one rider in each Rent Day Ride class.
- August 2023: There was a 75% to 150% transfer bonus to Virgin Red based on your Bilt status tier Aug. 1.
- July 2023: You could activate a $10 Lyft ride credit if you were a Bilt member without a Bilt Mastercard or a $20 Lyft ride credit if you had a Bilt Mastercard by the end of July 1. Plus, you could get an additional $5 credit if you activated the offer, had Bilt set as your active Lyft loyalty partner and took a Lyft ride July 1.
- June 2023: Everyone won a gift of Bilt points, points to use toward the Bilt Collection, Lyft ride credit, free rent or round-trip award flights when they solved the June 1 Rent Day Challenge puzzle.
- May 2023: There was a 100% transfer bonus to Air France-KLM Flying Blue on May 1.
- April 2023: Bilt members could enroll between March 28 and April 1 to obtain World of Hyatt Explorist status for 90 days and then keep Explorist status through February 2025 by staying 10 qualifying nights between April 17 and July 16. Alternatively, members could unlock Globalist status through February 2025 by staying 20 qualifying nights between April 17 and July 16. Bilt also hosted members-only social events at three Hyatt properties on April 1.
- March 2023: You could get a 50% bonus when you redeemed points toward Amazon purchases on March 1; 50% off all items in the Bilt Collection on March 1.
- February 2023: You could get a 100% transfer bonus to HawaiianMiles on Feb. 1; Bilt launched its exclusive five-piece capsule collection with SoulCycle.
- January 2023: Bilt introduced trivia to Rent Day: Bilt offered its members 10 trivia questions worth 50 points each and an additional question worth 100 points if you got all 10 questions correct Jan. 1.
- December 2022: You could get a 100% transfer bonus to IHG One Rewards on Dec. 1 and double points on non-rent spending from 12:01 a.m. PT on Nov. 25 to 11:59 p.m. PT on Dec. 1.
- November 2022: Bilt members could enroll in a complimentary United Airlines Premier status challenge between Oct. 27 and Nov. 1. Bilt Blue tier members could get Premier Silver, while Bilt Silver, Gold and Platinum tier members could get Premier Gold. Premier status was valid for 120 days, but you could extend your status through Jan. 31, 2024, by getting 1,000 Premier qualifying points and 4 Premier qualifying flights for Premier Silver and 2,000 PQPs and 6 PQFs for Premier Gold.
- October 2022: Bilt launched Rent Day with double points on non-rent spending and themed SoulCycle Rent Day rides Oct. 1.
If you’re a Bilt Rewards member, head to the Bilt app on the first day of each month to benefit from new Rent Day promotions. Whether you earn extra rewards through trivia, spending or both, Bilt Rewards’ Rent Day allows you to boost your points balance. November Rent Day is also a good time to transfer Bilt points to Emirates if you plan to book an award with the carrier.
However, you may want to visit the Bilt app on Oct. 27 to book one of the special Nov. 1 Bilt Experiences or reserve a bike for a Rent Day SoulCycle Ride. These are likely to sell out, so be online to book these when reservations open if you plan to use either or both of these Rent Day benefits.