Many travelers head to Oahu or Maui for their Hawaii vacation. However, the Big Island is another great destination — especially with this flight deal from Alaska Airlines. The carrier is offering a buy-one-get-one deal on any of its flights to Kona International Airport (KOA) on the Big Island.
All you have to do is enter code KONABOGO to score an extra seat for a companion on the Alaska flight of your choosing (though the companion must still pay the taxes and fees). If you’d rather travel to a different Hawaiian island, you can still use the promo code to score 10% off your Alaska flight.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: From numerous continental U.S. locations to Kona
How to book: Book through Alaska’s website and enter code KONABOGO
Travel dates: Aug. 13 through Oct. 31
Book by: July 25 at 11:59 p.m. PDT
Head to Alaska’s website and enter your travel dates along with the KONABOGO promo code. Make sure your flight leaves the continental U.S. sometime from Sunday through Wednesday and returns from Hawaii sometime from Tuesday through Friday. Below is an example of a one-way flight.
As you can see below, the green check mark indicates the flight includes a discount code reduction.
I selected the $130 flight that leaves Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) at 5:40 p.m. and lands at Kona International Airport (KOA) at 8:44 p.m. Two of those tickets totaled $260.
For more clarity on the pricing, select the “View taxes, fees, and charges” button in your cart before checking out. As you can see, the taxes and fees add an extra $25.80.
These fares are for Alaska’s Saver class, which allows you one free carry-on bag. It does not include seat selection, and these ticketholders will board the plane last, among other restrictions.
Maximize your purchase
Use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as:
- Alaska Airlines Visa® credit card: 3 Mileage Plan miles per dollar on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year
- Citi Premier® Card: (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare
There are only a few hours left to score these discounted tickets to Hawaii. It’s the perfect excuse to bring a partner, friend, family member or anyone else on an amazing trip filled with beaches, natural wonders and plenty of delicious food.