Thanks to this two-day sale from Alaska Airlines, you can fly from the U.S. West Coast to multiple destinations in Mexico and Costa Rica for cheap.
One-way tickets cost as low as $99 or 7,500 miles (plus fees) for Mileage Plan members.
Routes: From Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle to Cancun, Guadalajara, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta in Mexico, and more
How to book: Directly with the airline
Travel dates: Aug. 20 through Dec. 13
Book by: July 27 at 11:59 p.m. PDT
Blackout dates: Nov. 15 through Nov. 22
The following flights were priced as listed at the time of publication. We cannot guarantee the below round-trip flights will be available when you book:
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Liberia Guanacaste Airport (LIR) in Costa Rica, starting at $149 one-way
- LAX to Los Cabos International Airport (SJD), starting at $99 one-way
- LAX to Puerto Vallarta International Airport (PVR), starting at $99 one-way
- San Diego International Airport (SAN) to PVR, starting at $119 one-way
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Cancun International Airport (CUN), starting at $179 one-way
Below are some of the fare options available in this deal.
You can also view the fares in a calendar format to ensure you’re getting the lowest possible price. For this article, I chose the $99 one-way flight from LA to Los Cabos on Oct. 15.
If you want to use miles for this same one-way flight, it’ll cost 7,500 miles plus $46 in taxes and fees.
The return flights for this journey are a bit more expensive, with the cheapest option coming in at $136.
This brings the overall round-trip cost to about $234.
These prices apply to Alaska’s Saver fare, which includes one carry-on bag and one personal item. However, these kinds of tickets are nonrefundable, and you won’t be able to change your reservation or select a seat.
Maximize your purchase
Other credit cards that let you earn bonus points on airfare purchases include:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: 2 points per dollar on travel
- American Express® Gold Card: 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: 5 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 of these purchases per calendar year
- Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees): 3 points per dollar on airfare
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: 3 points per dollar on airfare
Use this Alaska deal as an excuse to jet off to sunny Mexico or Costa Rica this fall. The deal features low points-redemption opportunities, which is especially helpful for Mileage Plan members.