Once registered, members can earn double Avios on up to 10 flight bookings, which can also be booked through BA Holidays or BA Vacations (provided the trip begins in either the United Kingdom or the United States).
This offer couldn’t come at a better time if you’re looking to eke back some points value after British Airways recently switched to revenue-based Avios earning.
The offer is available to Executive Club members worldwide.
How to qualify for the British Airways double-Avios promotion
To be eligible for the program, all you have to do is be a member of British Airways Executive Club and then register for the offer before Nov. 21.
All travel in conjunction with the offer must be undertaken by Jan. 14, 2024.
However, before you run to book flights, there are two important things to note. Firstly, you must register for the promotion before you book travel for it to be valid on those flights.
Secondly, the link is specific to the location where your Executive Club account is registered.
U.K.-based Executive Club members can register here.
U.S.-based Executive Club members can register here.
After you’ve registered, you’ll earn double Avios on up to 10 flights as long as you’re flying with British Airways or one of its partner airlines, such as American Airlines, Iberia or Finnair.
For clarity, each segment of your journey will be classed as one flight. Therefore, a round trip without stopovers would be classed as two flights, and a round trip with one stopover in both directions would be classed as four flights.
The Avios will be awarded and the flights will be counted in the order that you travel, not the order that you book. The Avios should enter your account within 24-48 hours of flying.
How many Avios will I earn?
Following British Airways’ shift toward a revenue-based earning structure, Avios are currently earned as follows:
- Blue Executive Club: 6 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
- Bronze Executive Club: 7 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
- Silver Executive Club: 8 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
- Gold Executive Club: 9 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
By using the double-Avios promotion, this will increase to:
- Blue Executive Club: 12 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
- Bronze Executive Club: 14 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
- Silver Executive Club: 16 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
- Gold Executive Club: 18 Avios per $1 (or 1 British pound) spent
Many British Airways Executive Club members were left disappointed by the airline’s recent shift to a revenue-based Avios-earning structure.
However, even within the parameters of the new system, this is a good promotion that will bring value to many if they’re able to take advantage of it and travel before Jan. 14.
- Key travel tips you need to know — whether you’re a beginner or an expert traveler
- The best travel credit cards
- The 18 best places to travel in 2023
- 6 real-life strategies you can use when your flight is canceled or delayed
- 8 of the best credit cards for general travel purchases
- 13 must-have items the TPG team can’t travel without